Pohjois-Ii School is a historical school along the main road north of the River Iijoki. The old side of the school was built in 1912, the new side in 1964 and 2002. There are 3 buildings with a total volume of 5220 m3 and an area of 1090 m2. The heating method was changed from oil heating to geothermal. This saves a great deal of energy, the environment and money.